Every district must have a Tournament Coordinator. Sanction applications must be submitted by the District Coordinator to the ACBL Tournament Department using the online sanction application. An example sanction application form with instructions for completion is provided at the end of this Chapter.
A. Sectional Applications
• Prior to approving, check the tournament schedule posted on the ACBL’s website for possible conflicts, including adjoining district(s). If there is a possible conflict with a tournament in an adjoining district, contact their District Tournament Coordinator for approval. Any intra-district conflicts should be resolved internally.
• Check sanction applications for valid dates, unit number, unit coordinator, city and state.
• Once the DTC approves the tournament in TourneyTRAX it will be sent to the ACBL Tournament Department for approval.
• Approve date change for previously approved applications (check for conflicts).
B. Regional Applications
• Check the tournament schedule available on the ACBL web site for a possible conflict with any regionals in neighboring districts.
• Approve the tournament.