FRIDAY EVENING, JUNE 2, 2017 – SESSION NUMBER 7591
SATURDAY AFTERNOON, JUNE 3, 2017 – SESSION NUMBER 7963
This event will be matchpointed across the world with a program developed by ECatsBridge of Great Britain. The WBF will award WBF Year Points based on World matchpointing. The leading two pairs on the overall ranking will be eligible for the Final to be played in Beijing China. The ACBL will award masterpoints based on the results of local matchpointing. More information about this event and the prize is available at: http://www.ecatsbridge.com/sims/wwbc/default.asp and information about the WBF year points is at http://www.wbfmasterpoints.com.
Read and follow:
- Conditions of Contest
- ACBLscore and the Worldwide Bridge Contest
- ACBLscore – REPORTING RESULTS TO ACBL
- Questions and Problems Regarding Worldwide Participation
- IMPORTANT WARNING
CONDITIONS OF CONTEST
These Conditions of Contest may not be changed at any level of play during the course of this event. The official WBF Conditions of Contest, regulations and special information all appear on the site for the Contest at http://www.ecatsbridge.com/sims/wwbc/default.asp. It will be assumed that you have read these documents. Lack of knowledge does not constitute cause for exemption.
- Event must be played during the specified session utilizing the hands provided.
- A game must have at least five full tables to be included in the district-wide overalls.
- Every pair must play a minimum of 20 boards to be included in the district-wide overalls.
- The field must be seeded.
- At the option of the club, the game may be stratified. The club will determine stratification levels. Top strat must be unlimited. Mitchell movements must have an equal number of pairs in the lowest stratification for overall awards. Only the top masterpoint unlimited strata will be considered for district-wide overalls.
- An event of more than one section or more than 17 tables requires a non-playing director.
- Masterpoint awards will be ½ red, ½ black.
- Invitational clubs and limited masterpoint events will receive masterpoint awards according to the restriction of club “M” factors.
- In Open games, the top two pairs (by percentage) for each District will receive bonus masterpoint awards.
- Sanction fee is $13.00 (US) per-table.
- Regular fouled board procedure will be followed for ACBL club masterpoint results. WBF fouled board procedure must be followed for the World competition.
- IF YOU ARE ENTERING THE WORLD-WIDE GAME, YOU MUST E-MAIL YOUR RESULTS IN THE SPECIFIC FORMAT DETAILED BELOW TO RESULTS@IMPPAIRS.COM AND CHECK THAT THEY APPEAR AND ARE CORRECT WITHIN 36 HOURS OF THE END OF PLAY.
ACBLscore and the Worldwide Bridge Contest
If you intend for the results from your club to be matchpointed along with other results world-wide, you must;
- Have a 3 full table game with all pairs playing a minimum of 18 boards.
- You must send the four files by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org within 36 hours. The files created by ACBLscore will be called c.txt, r.txt, e.txt and p.txt and those are the files you must send. No other format can be accepted by the overall scoring engine.
- We recommend that you test the program BEFORE the event using one of your regular club game files. Upload test results using Session # 9999, which is the test area. When you have uploaded your test results you will be able to see them at www.ecatsbridge.com/sims in the Test area at the bottom of the page.
- Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or problems.
If you intend for the results from your club to be considered for district-wide placement and extra masterpoints, you must;
- Have a 5 full table open game (the upper strat must not have a masterpoint limit) with all pairs playing a minimum of 20 boards.
- Be responsible for reporting your results in a timely manner by July 6, 2017 as described in REPORTING RESULTS TO ACBL.
SETTING UP THE GAME
- At the “Select Event Rating” screen , Select #8
- Then select #3 World-wide Simultaneous Pairs
- Indicate the session number. Make sure you enter the correct session number which is 7591 for the Friday game and 7963 for the Saturday game.
- Be certain you have indicated the table number in which board #1 begins play and which EW pair # is the first to play board #1. When the players duplicate the boards and the move is made (players to higher numbered table and boards to lower numbered table) board #1 will no longer be at table #1 and the EW who first plays board #1 will not be EW pair 1.
- For example: 13-Table Mitchell Game. NS1 and EW1 will duplicate boards 1 & 2. Without playing the boards they just duplicated, EW1 will move to Table 2 and Boards 1 & 2 will move to Table 13. At the same time EW12 will move to Table 13. Therefore, Board 1 begins play at TABLE 13 and EW12 will be at TABLE 13 when play begins.
- When all scores have been posted, score and DBADD the game.
PREPARING THE FILES TO EMAIL TO WBF
Note: this must be done within 36 hours of the end of play
- Using ACBLscore (DOS version), at the Command Line use the WORLD command – WO is the short form. Using ACBLscore (Window version), locate the WORLD command on the F11 menu.
- Complete the on-screen form. Be sure to enter your e-mail address correctly, as ECatsBridge can contact you should there be any problems with your files.
- While in the form you can press F1 for help.
- Press F9 when the form is complete.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. (You can print these instructions by pressing “P”.)
- The files generated will be called p.txt, r.txt, c.txt and e.txt and these are the files you need to e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to attach files to e-mail. Write down (if needed) where you have placed the four files. Open your e-mail program and include/attach the four files you’ve created. Some e-mail programs say attach, some will say insert. With other programs, you have to click on the file, then add the attachment.
- IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that after e-mailing your results, that you check the website to make sure your results appear and are correct. If you have two sections, make sure they both appear on the site. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT THE RESULTS APPEAR AND ARE CORRECT.
- If your files have been sent and do NOT appear on the website within a short time (5 minutes or so), please check that you have used the correct session number, then clear your browser cache by doing a control-refresh. If they still do not appear, and you are sure the session number is correct, please locate the four files again (p.txt, r.txt, c.txt and e.txt) and e-mail them to email@example.com for checking.
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT .ACE FILES OR OTHER FILES CREATED BY THE ACBL SCORING PROGRAM CANNOT BE ACCEPTED
ACBLSCORE – Reporting Results to ACBL
Even if your club chooses not to compete world-wide, (meaning you do not submit the results to the WBF) ACBL district-wide winners will be determined and those pairs will receive extra masterpoints as well as recognition on the ACBL website. The accurate determination of district-wide winners is dependent on all participating clubs submitting results in a manner that will ensure consideration of their results.
DBADD your game to include with your June monthly report. Masterpoints and fees will be included.
- Do not send separate payment or game report.
- ACBLscore will charge the proper amount ($13.00 US per-table) which will be included in the total fees on your monthly report.
- Submit your report in a timely manner to ensure consideration for district-wide honors. All club monthly reports are due by July 6th– no exceptions.
QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS REGARDING WORLD-WIDE PARTICIPATION
It is important that once you have uploaded your results you go to <href=”http://www.ecatsbridge.com/simd”>www.ecatsbridge.com/simd and CHECK to make sure they are there and correct. It is your responsibility to ensure this as if they do not appear your club will not be included in the ranking or eligible for awards.
- Questions regarding matchpointing scoring or computer access problems should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org – there is also a FAQ section at www.ecatsbridge.com/sims, you should look there first to see if your question has an answer.
- If results need to be resent it is important that the EXACT SAME club name and EXACT SAME contact phone number be used. Otherwise, results will appear twice. If this happens please email email@example.com immediately so that the duplicate set can be deleted. If you do-resend results please check carefully to make sure a) that they have overwritten the orginial results and b) that they do not appear twice.
- Results with world rankings and matchpoints will be available at the ECatsBridge web site. Once the event is finalized, a list of the WBF Master Point Awards will be published – please be patient as this may take up to 2 – 3 weeks before it appears.
PREPARE YOURSELF FOR RUNNING THIS GAME BY READING ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AHEAD OF TIME
Important Warning to all Clubs Participating in the 2017 World Wide Bridge Contest
Please ensure that your full results do not appear on any website, especially your own club website, before the frequencies go live on the ECatsBridge site – the time of this can be checked by going to the frequency page for the event.
Also, PLEASE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THE FILES by email until the frequencies and commentaries have gone live on the ECatsBridge site. The commentaries and hands will be displayed on the site the day after the event.
A simple ranking list can be displayed, as it is on the ECatsBridge Site up to that point, but absolutely no frequencies, hand records, personal scorecards must be shown.
As many of the sites are automated to display the hands and the frequencies etc, it would be preferable if you did not put up any results AT ALL until after the frequencies go live on ECatsBridge. Your club members can easily go to the main ECatsBridge site to see their results.
Uploading hand records and frequencies can seriously jeopardize the event so we ask that you respect this ruling and help us to keep it as an enjoyable fun event!