Seminars and Meetings
Beyond the games at the NABCs, members can enjoy educational programs. Below is a listing of the seminars being offered in Las Vegas. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club and Cruise Directors Course (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, July 15, 16, and 17)
This comprehensive course prepares candidates for directing club and bridge cruise games. Anyone interested in becoming a club director or a director aboard a cruise ship is invited to participate. Study materials may be purchased through Baron Barclay Bridge Supply (www.baronbarclay.com). Pre-register online by July 10 here, contact Joyce Stone at 662-253-3138 or send an email to email@example.com.
Date: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – July 15, 16, 17
Time: 1-10 p.m. Tuesday with dinner break
9 a.m.-10 p.m. Wednesday with lunch and dinner breaks
9 a.m. – noon Thursday followed by lunch break and testing
Reception for Club Officials and Teachers (Friday, July 18)
Enjoy ACBL’s thank you reception for the club officials and teachers who recruit and retain our members. All club managers, teachers and club directors are encouraged to attend.
Free of charge. Date: Friday, July 18 Time: 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
ACBL Information Fair (Saturday, July 19)
This is your one-stop shop for ACBL information! All ACBL departments will be represented and available to answer your questions. Please read through the list below and make plans to attend. Coffee and pastries will be served.
- ACBL CEO Meet & Greet – On your way into the fair, stop and say “hi” to Robert Hartman, ACBL’s chief officer. He’ll be there to greet you and make sure all of us are manning our desks.
- Club & Membership Q&A – Calling all club managers and bridge players! This is the place to get your questions answered about club game sanctions, special events for clubs, regulations, club discipline and most anything do to with clubs. That’s not all! You can also get information on ACBL membership.
- Discipline at the Club, Unit and District Level – ACBL’s disciplinary coordinator will be available to answer your questions about the ACBL’s Code of Disciplinary Regulations (CDR), how and when the CDR applies, and the roles played in the discipline process by presidents, recorders and disciplinary/appellate Chairs.
- Marketing Your Clubs & Tournaments – Do you need help marketing and promoting your club or tournament? ACBL’s director of marketing is here to help! Get the answers you need to help grow your club or tournament.
- Youth Policy Support – ACBL has adopted a Youth Policy to protect our younger bridge players. Find out how you can incorporate it into your club or tournament. Let’s not only welcome our younger players but protect them as well.
- ACBLscore+ Demo with Q&A – Are you curious how the ACBLscore+ will affect your club or tournament? Just curious what it will look it? Get your questions answered here.
- Education Programs – Are you interested in teaching bridge to younger players in your area? Would you like your unit or district to train and accredit new teachers? Find out how the ACBL Education Department can help. Programs include School Bridge, Teacher Accreditation, Learn Bridge in a Day? and more.
- Ruling the Game – Is there one ruling just nagging at you? Is there a law you just don’t understand? Here’s where to get your answer. We want to help as many players as possible so please keep it to one question so everyone gets a chance!
- Website – Have questions about our new website? Need help navigating? Want to learn more about our new mobile features? Come and get your questions answered and learn more about upcoming features and enhancements which are in the works.
Free of charge. Date: Saturday, July 19 Time: 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Club Director Refresher Course (Tuesday and Wednesday, July 22 and 23)
This continuing education course for club directors covers updates to Chapters 4 and 5 of the ACBL handbook. Participants must attend both sessions (Tuesday and Wednesday).
Fee: $15 covers both sessions. Sign up at door. Date: Tuesday and Wednesday, July 22 and 23 Time: 9:00 am – noon, both days
The TAP — Teacher Accreditation Program (Thursday, Friday and Saturday, July 17, 18, and 19)
Receive an introduction to the ACBL Bridge Series material and other popular teaching products. Learn modern teaching techniques from one of the ACBL’s premier teachers in this 10-hour interactive learning course which includes three hours of hands-on experience. Learn the business side of teaching bridge and be introduced to 64 weeks of class material and more! There are even techniques to move your students into playing duplicate faster.
Fee: $125 (Free for previously ACBL accredited teachers and players 25 and younger)
Date: Thursday, Friday and Saturday – July 17, 18, 19
Time: 1:00p.m. – 5:00p.m. Thursday July 17
8:30 a.m. – Noon Friday and Saturday July 18 and 19
Learn Bridge in A Day? (Sunday, July 20)
Move quickly along the initial learning curve. Participants should include true beginners, those returning to bridge after long absences and those wanting to “test the waters” before committing to formal classes. The concentrated course includes both class instruction and coached play. No pre-registration required. For more information contact Patty Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-735-4779.
Fee: $20 covers textbooks and door prizes Date: Sunday, July 20 Time: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
To view the Learn Bridge in A Day? flier, click here.
For more information, click here.
Audrey Grant’s Continuing Education for Teachers and Club Managers (Sunday, July 20)
When it comes to bridge, Audrey Grant is a household name. For decades, she has taught students, teachers and club owners across the world. Her hands-on approach and creative use of the table, cards and bid boxes has helped keep students engaged, excited and focused.
Audrey will walk through and explain these teaching techniques in this hour-and-a-half seminar. Following the seminar, you can attend her free two-hour bridge lesson. You’ll observe Audrey’s techniques at work and see how she leaves each student hungering to learn more.
For more information on Audrey Grant, visit www.betterbridge.com
Fee: $20 covers Audrey Grant’s textbook and seminar; free breakfast sponsored by Baron Barclay Bridge Supply www.baronbarclay.com
Date: Sunday, July 20 Time: 8:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. Free Lesson: 10 a.m. – Noon
Zero Tolerance Workshop (Monday, July 21)
A workshop focused on handling zero tolerance and behavioral issues in club games.
Free of charge. Date: Monday, July 21 Time: 10 a.m. – noon