The ACBL North American Bridge Championships (NABC) has many exciting things to offer newer players and first-time attendees:
- Celebrity speakers twice daily
- Welcome reception
- Free Daily Bulletin featuring:
- Photos and results of events
- Interesting bridge hands, puzzles and appeals cases
- Daily schedule of events
- Free two-hour lessons from world class teachers
- Free BridgePlus+ games for players with 0-20 masterpoints — perfect for those who want to try their first duplicate game
In addition, the local District may run various events, such as:
- Intermediate/Newcomer (I/N) reception
- Nightly hospitality snacks and beverages
- Nightly entertainment
- Local tours and excursions
All with the opportunity to play up to four sessions of bridge each day!
Free Bridge Lesson (Saturday, March 12)
Jerry Helms – 10 a.m. – noon
Free Bridge Lesson (Sunday, March 13)
Audrey Grant – 10 a.m. – noon
Celebrity Speakers (Friday, March 11-Saturday, March 19)
What is that new convention everyone is talking about? When do I finesse for the jack? How can I take more tricks at notrump? What are my options when there is a lead out of turn? Ask the experts!
The ACBL celebrity speaker program offers lectures twice each day from the top teachers, players and directors in the field. Noted speakers may include:
- Jerry Helms
- Audrey Grant
- Patty Tucker
- Barbara Seagram
- And more!
Each speaker presents a topic and provides handouts allowing you to practice the lesson. With time permitting, they will open discussion for questions, thoughts or stories. From world famous deals to the most creative plays, get all the inside information directly from the source.
- Where: Check Daily Bulletin for celebrity speaker times and location
- Who: Speakers and subjects will be posted closer to tournament date
Learn Bridge in A Day?® (Sunday, March 13)
Move quickly along the initial learning curve. Participants should include true beginners, those returning to bridge after long absences and those wanting to “test the waters” before committing to formal classes. The concentrated course includes both class instruction and coached play. For more information contact Patty Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-735-4779.
To print the LBIAD flier, click here.
Fee: Only $15 when you pre-register, $20 at the door. Textbooks and door prizes are included in the fee. Pre-register here.
Date: Sunday, March 13
Time: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.